Spring is Upon Us
While following a Spring & Autumn maintenance checklist seems more relevant in areas where there is distinct seasonal change, it behooves every home/property owner to review what kind of maintenance might be well advised as the temperatures “shift”. Here are some traditional checklist items for the Spring (temperatures rising) through Summer to consider:
- Check weather stripping and caulking around windows & doors, especially if using central heat and air
- Check exterior for cracked or peeling paint (caulk & repair as necessary)
- Clean windows & check door and window screens (repair as needed)
- Remove pine straw from roof and inspect condition
- Pressure wash
- Replace HVAC filters
- Check & clean dryer vent, stove hood and room fans
- Check seals of fridge & freezer, clean fridge coils
- Clean fireplace
- Check for leaky faucets; replace washers as needed
- Check attic for proper ventilation
- Clean drapes & blinds (repair as needed)
Some of these items, especially interior, may be the responsibility of a renting resident (example: replacing HVAC filters) but all or most of it can reap dividends in terms of protecting and/or enhancing the value of the asset.
Most of these items are amongst the areas First Place Management and FPM Properties property managers look at when conducting move out and renewal inspections and make recommendations accordingly. Some of these maintenance items lend themselves well to addressing at the time the property “turns”, when it is vacant and between residents.
According to Home Advisor, here are some average costs:
Roof inspection: $228.00
Pressure wash: $283.00
Exterior paint: $2593.00
Window repairs: $289.00
Weather Stripping: $237.00
With the exception of an exterior paint, all can be addressed for under $300. That’s less than the cost of getting a family of four through the gates at Disney World!
Disclosure: First Place Management Properties, LLC is "not" a real estate brokerage and does not lease or sell properties.
All sales and leasing activities are conducted through FPM Properties, dba. & First Place Management, Inc. both are licensed Florida Real Estate Brokerages.
FPM Properties is committed to ensuring that its website is accessible to people with disabilities. All the pages on our website will meet W3C WAI's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level A conformance. Any issues should be reported to email@example.com. Website Accessibility Policy