Important to think about this now, especially since we just got an early taste of storm season. We have made available the 2018 City of Jacksonville Preparedness Guide to all of our residents in advance of storm season but we’ll hit some highlights here…..most important to remember: if a storm is coming here (like Irma last year) it will not matter if you are in Atlantic or Neptune Beach, San Marco, Riverside or Julington Creek. From one end of the area to another, you are likely to experience some kind of symptom—and maybe multiples. This awareness is important no matter where in Clay, Duval or St. John counties you reside!
- Know your evacuation route and have a plan for using it
- Know your flood zone status (and how it relates to above!)
- Have your emergency preparedness kit ready
- Know your family and pet plan (going to shelter? Have your personal supplies, i.e. prescription meds)
- Have your home preparation done (secure loose items, remove loose branches, etc.)
- Know your resources/contact information (insurance agent/carrier, JEA, City , Family contacts)
We think a great place to start is with the city’s preparedness guide which you can access right here on our home page “Storm Season Help”