So a few more weeks left before the end of the year and especially for the last minute holiday shoppers…here’s more safety tips (courtesy of JSO). This is a bit redundant but relevant AND abbreviated so we encourage you to check out the entire list at: http://www.jaxsheriff.org
- Keep everything locked and secured: cars, home (all doors and windows), garage, etc.
- Don’t display gifts where they can be seen and don’t put packaging from big ticket purchases on display at the curb
- Ditto for your car—get valuables OUT and out of view
- If you must keep documents in the glove box, lock it!
- Keep your home well lit (especially if not home) and if traveling, have the Post Office hold your mail
- Make sure your children know not to share personal information on the internet
- We’re big on this one: Record you serial numbers and place this list with your insurance documents. If possible Invest in a floor safe or larger, heavy, fire-proof safe is recommended
We highly recommend looking at the link above which has many more valuable tips. We wish everyone a SAFE and happy holiday season!