NOW is the time….it’s 3 months prior to storm season. Yeah, no one likes to think about this at all but now gives you ample time to prepare, especially where insurance coverage is concerned.
- Make sure your home owner’s insurance is up to date; check your flood zone situation
- If you rent, seriously consider renter’s insurance
- Have an online account with your carrier and keep reference info on hand
- Update or create the detailed inventory of your contents
- Photograph it and keep on flash drive or send to the cloud
- Create a master list of accounts for reference (bank accounts, etc.)
- Stock up on supplies between now and June while they’re plentiful
Check back later this month for more suggestions but 3 months out you have plenty of time to address the above if you haven’t done so previously. Do not forget what happened here in Florida with Hurricane Michael at the end of last season—be prepared, not scared!