So it’s that time of year—the kids are heading back to school. We did a little research on this, sprinkled in our own varied experiences and here are some quick suggestions for making the transition as smooth as possible….
- Create a central Calendar: whatever method your family will most likely utilize, create a calendar everyone can easily access and add to
- Plan before you shop: This weekend (8-3 TO 8-5) is tax free shopping weekend—know in advance what you need and what qualifies. See our tenant newsletter on our website for more specifics
- Gather documents: If there is a transition from schools or from elementary to Jr high, etc. you may need records
- Plan out meals—packing lunches the night before? Prepping over the weekend for the week? What will work for your family so no one skips breakfast, doesn’t have a lunch or ends up eating pizza for dinner every night!
- Plot out the morning routine: how will everyone get ready and at what varying times will that to happen. How is everyone getting where they need to be?
- Plan a school tour and do a practice run: if you relocated over the summer or there is a transition to a new school, (i.e. elementary to Jr high) arrange for a tour and have a practice run of getting there
- If necessary, arrange and plan for after school care
See the below links for more…..