As we enter the last week before Christmas, we’ve been sharing some of our family traditions and favorite Christmas memories with each other. We thought they were worth sharing and might spark a conversation at your holiday table about your favorite memories and traditions surrounding the holidays……
- “We always set out cookies and milk on Christmas eve and in early morning we would get up and wake up our parents to see what Santa brought and then we began opening presents while eating our Moms traditional Christmas egg casserole.”
- “My favorite memory is going to my grandma’s house really early in the morning to help her cook breakfast (and start dinner). We would have breakfast then open gifts and then spend the rest of the day cooking for the family dinner.”
- “My Mom & I have an ad hoc tradition of traveling together before Christmas and taking high tea, depending on where we are. She lived in Scotland for a time so she loves this, especially at holiday time!”
- “My favorite memory has to do with a trick my Grandmother played on me one year. I was a notorious snoop and also loved black olives (like selfishly so) so she wrapped a can of olives in the most gorgeous package under the tree and it drove me nuts for days anticipating what was in it. Imagine my reaction when I finally opened it—the entire family enjoyed a big laugh from that!”
- “My Dad raised me single handedly. Once I became an independent adult it was just the two of us so we went to great lengths to be sure to be together for Christmas. My favorite tradition was the two of us going to see a movie together on Christmas day. The last movie we saw together before he passed away was The Blind Side and it was the perfect conclusion to our tradition.”
We hope this holiday season is abundant with special memories for you and yours…..
The Team at FPM Properties