Proudly Serving Jacksonville and surrounding areas
Welcome to FPM Properties, Northeast Florida's premier residential property management firm. Our commitment is to care for your property as if it were our own and ensure that you can be confident that it is well maintained and your asset is protected. 50+ years of professional business experience and two Master Property Managers leading the team contributes to making us an industry leader. Due to the evolutionary nature of the industry today, our commitment to ongoing industry education and certification further ensures the protection of your asset to the benefit of both owner and resident.
Corona Virus Update
As we navigate these mostly uncharted waters we are doing all we can to keep the safety of our residents, owners and vendors the top priority. Many businesses and individuals have had to re-engineer daily operations and we are all challenged in some way. Fortunately, there are some parallels to storm preparation and we are drawing on all our collective experience to forge coping strategies during this Covid 19 crisis.
First & foremost, we are following all CDC, WHO & Federal, State and Local protocols (as well as the National Association of Residential Property Managers/NARPM) relating to the Covid 19 situation. We urge you to do the same!
As you may or may not know, there have been recent local mandates regarding bars, nightclubs and restaurants. Schools were closed. Most retailers/service providers have reduced/modified their operating hours or closed. We are now in "phase two" of reopening and some of these restrictions have been eased or lifted but we continue to exercise caution.
Here are a few things we’ve implemented.
- All residents have access to online payment to mitigate exposure; this is a standard option.
- We are communicating with residents and owners routinely as new circumstances arise.
- We have a protocol for facilitating hardship situations.
- We have suspended property visits and assessments until the social distancing mandates conclude.
- We have suspended showings in occupied properties. Once vacant, we will resume showings. Residents in homes on the sales market will exercise the choice whether to accept showing appointments or not. We have placed hand sanitizer in our vacant/show able properties. Our property managers and agents have gloves and masks.
- There is no office traffic/access and we are all working mostly remotely. Residents and owners can reach us by phone, text or email.
- We have made masks available to our residents upon request at no charge (while supplies last).
- Maintenance: We will only dispatch vendors for emergencies or other critical services. All other maintenance will be deferred until the “social distancing” has been concluded.
- Our vendors who deliver critical services are observing various protocols in executing their services.
Number one priority is doing what is necessary to assist in containing the community spread and reducing risk for residents, owners and vendors while protecting our owner’s assets.
Lastly, we want to recognize and say thank you to all the people delivering critical services that we are all depending on during this situation. Let’s all do what we can do make their jobs easier, support them and/or just show them appreciation.
Scenes from the NARPM 31st Annual Convention & Trade Show in October in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona
Mike and NARPM colleagues raising money for the PAC and receiving recognition for his volunteer time....and he learned alot as well!
FPM Properties is a highly engaged member of NARPM (National Association of Residential Property Managers), an association of real estate professionals who know firsthand the unique issues of managing single family and small multi-family residential properties. Michael Hodges recently returned from Washington D.C., having chaired the 5th annual NARPM Day on the Hill and 2nd annual Day on the Hill Seminar. Joined by approximately 64 of his fellow members from across the country, the group conducted meetings with their respective Representatives and Senators to discuss the issues currently most pressing and impactful to property managers and property owners.
Among these issues were requests for improved guidelines regarding emotional support animals and criminal background screening, ADA lawsuit reform and National Flood Insurance Program reauthorization. The group hosted five guest speakers who spoke on HUD’s compliance and enforcement processes among other things. The second day was devoted entirely to meeting with various members of Congress, beginning at 8:30 a.m. and going through nonstop to 5:00 p.m.! (For more details, see the June 2019 Owner newsletter).
This commitment to advocacy on behalf of property owners is just one indicator of the wisdom of working with professional property managers like the members of NARPM and FPM Properties.
We are in the midst of the dog days of summer now and well into storm season; in fact, things are starting to percolate now as they so often do. Read More
Wow-how did we get here? So far 2020 is a bit of a blur! Read More
Request Free Quote
Only one word-Fantastic service and great employees.
Disclosure: First Place Management Properties, LLC is "not" a real estate brokerage and does not lease or sell properties.
All sales and leasing activities are conducted through FPM Properties, dba. & First Place Management, Inc. both are licensed Florida Real Estate Brokerages.
FPM Properties is committed to ensuring that its website is accessible to people with disabilities. All the pages on our website will meet W3C WAI's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level A conformance. Any issues should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org. Website Accessibility Policy