Done with IRMA!
Now that the 2017 storm season is mostly behind us (we hope!) and has been such an impactful one, we can reflect on the reality of it and the lessons learned. We want to share a few things with you:
- While we knew intellectually that the St. Johns River could flood in a serious storm we all now know it really can and even in less severe circumstances. The result is not good!
- We know maintenance and repairs will take time. When a storm of this magnitude hits, there just aren't enough providers and supplies in the aftermath to get it all done quickly. Patience required!
- Evacuation can be as challenging (possibly more) as hunkering down and preparing to ride out the storm.
- We now know when the Mayor orders your zone to evacuate it truly is in your best interest to do so!
- We now know for sure our City is pretty capable in such a situation.
- We now know it takes time to get back to "normal"; we also know our local utilities, once safe to do so, will work around the clock to get everyone restored.
If you have a constructive suggestion from the perspective of a resident that would help things go more smoothly pre or post storm, email your idea back to this email address--we'll review every one of them!
Disclosure: First Place Management Properties, LLC is "not" a real estate brokerage and does not lease or sell properties.
All sales and leasing activities are conducted through FPM Properties, dba. & First Place Management, Inc. both are licensed Florida Real Estate Brokerages.
FPM Properties is committed to ensuring that its website is accessible to people with disabilities. All the pages on our website will meet W3C WAI's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level A conformance. Any issues should be reported to email@example.com. Website Accessibility Policy