Code Enforcement—What You Don’t Know Could……
Get you a citation! There is a lot to know about code enforcement in Duval but for starters, here’s how to AVOID a citation (simplified and abbreviated), residential OR commercial (courtesy of City of Jacksonville)
- Maintain property appearance: yards cut, trash removed, etc.
- Maintain exterior structure appearance: surfaces painted, stained, etc.
- Maintain the building: repair or replace missing, damaged, rotted or worn components
- Maintain electrical & plumbing systems: address faulty, leaking or corroded components
- Maintain interior components: worn, torn or damaged flooring, windows, walls, etc.
- Maintain all water heaters, appliances, etc. per manufacturer’s recommendations
- Smoke detectors-at least one properly operating
- Keep property safe & sanitary: address ANY issues that may pose an imminent threat to health or safety IMMEDIATELY
Check back here mid-month for more details on code enforcement that could impact you!